The Institutional Review Board protects the rights of humans in research and maintains confidentiality of data. History has demonstrated the need for appropriate oversight which resulted in the regulations we have today.
Activities that may require IRB review & approval:
- Human participant surveys
- Collecting or using data about humans
- Use of human tissues/specimens
- Activities involving interaction or intervention with human participants
- Data about identifiable living persons when the data is not publicly available
- Data or samples that can be linked to an identifiable living person
The electronic portal is now available for protocol submissions!
Please visit the IRB Electronic Protocol Submission page
for more information
Note: It is important to verify research activities with the Office of Research Assurances (ORA) before starting.