Street and Parking Restrictions for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival
Friday, February 8 2013
MOSCOW, Idaho – The University of Idaho will host thousands of visitors for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival Feb. 20-23, and many will be transported via bus or van. Due to the high amount of vehicular traffic and pedestrians on campus, some streets and parking lots will have restrictions during the festival.
Traffic and parking restrictions during the festival include:
Deakin Ave. and Student Union Building Parking
• The number of vehicles on Deakin Ave. in front of the Student Union Building and VandalStore will be limited.
• Deakin Ave. will be converted to a one-way southbound street from Sixth St. to University Ave. between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22, and Saturday, Feb. 23. The street may be closed entirely to accommodate buses during high traffic loading and unloading times.
• The VandalStore and Post Office will be accessible from behind the VandalStore building via College and Railroad Aves.
• The SMART Transit buses and the Vandal Access Shuttle will not stop on Deakin Ave. on Friday, Feb. 22 due to Deakin Ave. being converted to a one-way southbound street. Both transit providers will continue to stop at Railroad St. at the Intermodal Transit Center building on Friday; all connections to local transit can be made at that location.
• Portions of the Student Union Building parking lot will be closed each day of the festival.
ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center Parking
• The blue gravel lot 57, west of the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center, will be reserved for bus parking only Thursday, Feb. 21 – Saturday, Feb. 23, and closed to all regular vehicles.
• The red paved lot 34, west of the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center, will be available for general parking and no permit will be required Thursday, Feb. 21 – Saturday, Feb. 23.
• The red parking lot 24, west of the Law School Building, will be reserved for Jazz Festival permit holders only after 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22, and Saturday, Feb. 23.
• The large graveled area (lot 110) north of lot 57, will be general parking for regular vehicles Friday, Feb. 22, and Saturday, Feb. 23; no bus parking allowed in this area.
• The gold lot 31, east of the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center, will be closed to gold permit holders and reserved after 12 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, and Friday, Feb. 22. The lot is reserved all day Saturday, Feb. 23.
Bus Loading Zones
• Deakin Ave. at the Student Union Building.
• Railroad St. behind the LDS Center.
• Blake Ave. at the Lionel Hampton School of Music / Haddock Hall.
• Rayburn St. at Memorial Gym and Agricultural Science Building.
• University Ave. and Line St. at the Idaho Commons Building.
• Stadium Dr. near the Hartung Theatre.
• Main St. between Fifth and Sixth Streets.
• Third St. near the Methodist Church.
For questions regarding parking lot or street closures on campus, contact University of Idaho Parking and Transportation Services at (208) 885-6424 or go to www.uidaho.edu/parking
# # #
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho inspires students to succeed and become leaders. Its land-grant mission furthers innovative scholarly and creative research to grow Idaho's economy and serve a statewide community. From its main campus in Moscow, Idaho, to 70 research and academic locations statewide, U-Idaho emphasizes real-world application as part of its student experience. U-Idaho combines the strength of a large university with the intimacy of small learning communities. It is home to the Vandals, and competes in the Western Athletic Conference. Through the university’s $225 million Inspiring Futures capital campaign, private giving will enhance student learning, faculty research and innovation, and a spirit of enterprise. Learn more: www.uidaho.edu