The Extension Cereals program for northern Idaho is based in Moscow at the University of Idaho Research and Extension Center.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Evaluate and report cereal and grain legume cultivar performance and adaptation for existing and new cultivars for both agronomic and quality characteristics
- Evaluate and report management trials concerning production and marketing of grains
- Provide training and support to county Extension Educators, agri-business personnel and grain producers
- Develop new educational information and delivery systems to assist the cereal industry
- Provide support to state and private breeding programs
The Northern Idaho Research and Extension Variety-Trial Program funding comes from federal and state sources, which are supplemented by grants provided by the Idaho Wheat Commission
, Idaho Barley Commission
, Idaho Pea and Lentil Commission
and private companies.
Cropping Systems Agronomist
Phone (208) 885-5020