North Idaho Cereals
The Extension Cereals program for northern Idaho is based in Moscow at the Palouse Research, Extension and Education Center.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Evaluate and report cereal and grain legume cultivar performance and adaptation for existing and new cultivars for agronomic and quality characteristics.
- Evaluate management trials on production and marketing of grains.
- Provide training and support to UI Extension county educators, agribusiness personnel and grain producers.
- Develop new education information and delivery systems to assist the cereal industry.
- Provide support to state and private breeding programs.