Ph.D. in Education with an Emphasis in Physical Activity Pedagogy & Character Education
The Ph.D. program prepares students for research, teaching and service in academia. The focus of the program is to develop independent researchers in Physical Activity Pedagogy and/or Character Education. In addition to collaborations in teaching and service, collaboration in all phases of the research process is required, and an independent research focus should be established within program faculty research lines.
The student will be able to:Critically analyze, apply and disseminate research in physical activity settings.
- Develop skills and knowledge in effective teaching, leadership, and learning.
- Apply principles of ethical leadership and collaborative engagement, and service-oriented commitment to advance sustainable healthy active living in communities.
- Apply programming principles to practice.
- Develop a knowledge base that supports physical activity pedagogy, character education and leisure.
- Engage in professorial responsibilities commonly expected in academia.