Physical Education & Physical Activity Pedagogy, M.Ed.
Advanced Physical Education
An M.Ed. degree in physical education and physical activity pedagogy has two options:
- Option 1 provides certified teachers an opportunity to continue their education in the study of physical activity pedagogy.
- Option 2 provides applicants with an undergraduate degree an opportunity to get a graduate degree plus teacher certification in physical education.
The program offers opportunities to become involved in nationally-recognized research and to work hand-in-hand with local schools and communities to promote movement, physical activity, fitness and wellness.
- Progam can be completed in one year or multiple years.
- M.Ed. Option 1 can be completed through online delivery of courses.
- Students can enter fall, spring or summer semester.
- Students take coursework in physical activity pedagogy, curriculum and program development, health promotion, assessment of physical activity, and contemporary issues in physical activity as well as coursework in education such as models of teaching.
- Students are involved in problem-based research addressing physical activity pedagogy in their setting.