David Paul, Ph.D.
College of Education
Campus Locations: Moscow
Department of Movement Sciences
Ph.D., Exercise Physiology, The Ohio State University, 1999
M.S., Exercise Science, East Tennessee State University, 1995
B.Ed., Physical Education, Purdue University, 1993
Investigating the relationships between physical activity, food intake, and chronic disease
Studying the relationship between the built environment and obesity in children and adults
Developing methodologies to improve the measurement of physical activity and food intake
Vella, C.A., Paul, D.R., and Bader, J. Cardiac response to submaximal and maximal exercise in normal-weight and obese, Hispanic men and women: Implications for exercise prescription. Acta Physiol. 2012; 205:113-123.
- Baer, D.J., Stote, K.S., Paul, D.R., Harris, G.K., Rumpler, W.V., and Clevidence, B.A.. Whey protein but not soy protein supplementation alters body weight and composition in free-living overweight and obese adults. J Nutr. 2011;141(8):1489-94
- Alkurdi, W., Paul, D.R., Sadowski, K., and Dolny, D.D. The effect of water depth on energy expenditure and perception of effort while walking in female subjects. IJARE. 2010; 4:49-60.
- Paul, D.R., Kramer, M., Moshfegh, A.J., Baer, D.J., and Rumpler, W.V. Estimates of adherence and error analysis of physical activity data collected via accelerometry in a large study of free-living adults. BMC Med Res Methodol, 2008;8(1):38-47.
- Moshfegh, A.J., Rhodes, D.G., Baer, D.J., Murayi, T., Clemens, J.C., Rumpler, W.V., Paul, D.R., Sebastian, R.S., Kuczynski, K.J., Ingwersen, L.A., Staples, R., and Cleveland, L.E. The US Department of Agriculture Automated Multiple-Pass Method reduces bias in the collection of energy intakes. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 88:324-32
- Rumpler, W.V., Kramer, M., Rhodes, D.G., Moshfegh, A.J., Paul, D.R. Identifying sources of reporting error using measured food intake. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2008;62(4):544-52.
- Paul D.R., Kramer M., Moshfegh, A.J., Baer, D.J., Rumpler, W.V. Comparison of two different physical activity monitors. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2007;7(1):26-31.
- Stote, K.S., Baer, D.J., Spears, K., Paul, D.R., Harris, G.K., Rumpler, W.V., Strycula, P., Najjar, S.S., Ferrucci, L., Ingram, D.K., Longo, D.L., Mattson, M.P. A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007;85(4):981-8.
- Executive Panel Member, University of Idaho Building Sustainable Communities Initiative, and Bioregional Planning Masters Degree Program
- Member, Program Planning Committee, American Public Health Association Physical Activity Special Interest Group 2007-present