Athletic Training, D.A.T.
Advancing Athletic Training
As the nation’s first Advanced Doctor of Athletic Training (DAT), this program is designed to improve your clinical practice through advanced manual therapy techniques and analysis of patient outcomes in an applied research focus. Gain valuable clinical experiences with opportunities to conduct original research in a flexible format that combines online and on-campus instruction. Students spend four weeks on campus each summer and will complete a clinical residency and a Dissertation of Clinical Practice Improvement.
- First in the nation to offer an Advanced Clinical DAT
- Two year advanced practice degree for practicing clinicians and academics
- Residency sites may be current practice setting
- An integrated curriculum of classroom and clinical coursework emphasizing advanced clinical practice
- The Athletic Training program accepts applications up to April 15 each year