The priority deadline for applications is January 15
each year. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis beyond this date until all graduate positions are filled.
Begin by filling out the online application
for Graduate Admissions.
- When asked to choose "Campus Location" choose "Moscow - Main Campus".
- When asked to select "Choice of Study" choose "Natural Resources M.S."
- When asked to "Select an Area of Emphasis" choose "Conservation Social Sciences"
- Do not choose a second "Area of Emphasis"
- Pay your application fee on line for fastest processing.
Once you have completed the on line application, you will need to mail the following to the Graduate Admissions Office for a complete application file. The GRE is NOT required for admission. However, you might still receive a checklist from Graduate Admissions that shows the GRE as a requirement. Once you fill out the College of Natural Resources "Area of Emphasis Form" (see below) and you are recognized as a MOSS applicant, the GRE will be waived for admission:
- A completed College of Natural Resources Area of Emphasis Form
- Choose the "MS" option
- Choose "non-thesis degree option"
- Write in "Conservation Social Sciences - MOSS" as your Primary Program
- On the second page of the form, place an 'X' in front of "Natural Resource Communication/Interpretation/Ed."
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A 1-2 page statement of career objectives entitled "The McCall Outdoor Science School" that addresses the following:
A formal writing sample from your undergraduate coursework/research. This will be used to assess formal/technical writing skills and abilities.
A 1-2 page curriculum vita/resume
An official transcript from all institutions attended. These should be sent directly from the institution itself.
- How does the MOSS program support your personal, academic, and professional goals?
- How has your personal, academic, and professional experience prepared you for the MOSS program?
- Describe your community living experience and philosophy.
Mail above materials to:
Graduate Admissions Office
University of Idaho
PO Box 443019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Desirable applicants will be invited to a personal or phone interview.