The Idaho Department of Education has developed five new videos of teachers talking about the Idaho Core Standards and how the standards are benefiting Idaho kids.
- A gifted and talented teacher in Blackfoot talks about how these higher standards will help all students be successful. Click Here (Time: 2:24)
- An elementary school teacher in Vallivue provides tips on how teachers can get started on implementing the standards in their classroom. Click Here (Time: 3:12)
- The principal of KTEC in Rathdrum talks about how these new standards will better prepare students for a career after graduation. Click Here (Time: 2:19)
- An elementary school principal from Twin Falls gives parents tips and advice on how they can help their children with these more difficult standards. Click Here (Time: 2:13)
- We also provide an overview video that combines all their thoughts and perspectives. Click Here (Time: 5:42)
The videos are easily accessible on their SDE YouTube Channel or Click Here to access them through the Idaho Core Communications Toolkit.
Additional Resources from the State Department of Education:
Idaho Core Standards Parent Brochure
Idaho Core Communications Toolkit
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Family Resources
Visit their website
Help Your Child Succeed in Math
: You can make a big difference in your child's attitude, motivation, and math-ability.
: Key concepts to make those homework sessions more effective, and more fun! Includes additional resources to use in daily homework sessions.
Math Education Today
: Math is taught differently now. Here's help to get up to speed.
Figure This! Family Corner
: Family members are crucial to student success. And the more that adults become engaged in their children's education, the greater the chances that children will succeed.