B.S. Crop Science
Growing Crops Sustainable
Study the science behind healthy farming in a program that provides the broad-based knowledge to grow successful crops. Explore soils, weeds, plant breeding and insects in addition to advanced growing techniques like biotechnology and global positioning systems (GPS). Learn in on-campus greenhouses and in the lab while studying microbiology, entomology, engineering and business.
- We host the largest collection of soil monoliths in the Western U.S.
- See more than 1 million insect specimens at the William F. Barr Entomological Museum.
- Learn the latest molecular techniques for pest management.
- Grow and donate produce from the student-run organic farm to a local food bank.
- Use specialized cloning techniques to produce flowering, fruiting and vegetable plants.