2013 Applications Now Being Accepted
Statement of Purpose
The University of Idaho recognizes the importance of the arts on campus and within the local community. Arts grants are provided to defray the costs related to originating, producting, and presenting creative projects. Funds may also be used to defray cost associated with educational opportunities in the arts. Students, faculty members, and academic units are all eligible for arts grants.
Project narratives should show how the project relates to the following statements:
- Learn and integrate: The arts are essential to the University of Idaho's commitment to the knowledge of arts and sciences.
- Think and create: The arts develop and enhance critical thinking skills. The arts foster and expand students creativity.
- Communicate: Communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, are essential to the success of all students.
- Clarify purpose and perpsective: The arts are committed to understanding the self, both personal and in relation to ones environment.
- Practice citizenship: The arts train students to understand the self in the context of society.