Joe Vandal’s Russian Creams
By Kacey Brunner and Shae CarsonThis is a very versatile recipe that can be modified for any occasion. The possibilities are endless. This delicious cream can be mixed with a fruit puree or sauce, with fresh sliced fruit or stand alone. The creamy taste is sure to soothe your after-dinner sweet tooth!
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/3 cup suga
- 1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lb. frozen mango
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 pint blackberries
The Russian Cream
- Prepare the cream by blending the sugar and gelatin together thoroughly
- Add water to the mixture in a small pot.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook the mixture until it is boiling making sure to stir constantly.
- Turn off the heat and add the heavy whipping cream.
- Mix the vanilla and yogurt together separately.
- Gradually add the yogurt mixture to the cream.
- Pour the new cream mixture into a 12 spot cupcake tray.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Prepare the puree by thawing the frozen mango and chopping it finely. Use a food processor if available.
- Combine the mango, orange juice, and sugar together in a pot.
- Cook over medium heat until thick.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Remove the creams from the cupcake tray with a spatula.
- Pour the cooled puree over the creams.
- Top with 1-2 fresh blackberries depending on size.