2012 Thanksgiving Recipes
This fall, the University of Idaho would like to take a moment to be thankful for the many notable celebrations of 2012. We thank you for your participation and support as we celebrated:
- The launch of the public phase of Inspiring Futures: Invest in the University of Idaho – the largest fundraising campaign in the state’s history – which will further establish the university’s leadership position and boldly move Idaho into the future.
- The 45th year of the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival providing four outstanding days of student performances, workshops, clinics and remarkable world-class evening concerts.
- The Women’s Center’s 40th anniversary of its opening on campus in 1972.
- Nearly $100 million in support from competitive research grants being awarded to the University’s innovative research faculty and staff.
- 100 years of Idaho 4-H, which today has over 34,000 members and 4,000 volunteers.
- The opening of new student services facilities on our Moscow campus including, the John C. Wahl thinkTANK in the College of Engineering and the General James F. Amos Veterans Center in the Idaho Commons.
- The 150th anniversary of the Morrill Land Grant Act, which created the nationwide system of
land-grant colleges and universities.
- The Student Recreation Center’s 10th year of serving students and the campus community.
- The 30th year of planting in the University of Idaho Arboretum and Botanical Gardens and the 35th year since the founding of the Arboretum Associates.
- Recognition in Washington Monthly magazine’s 2012 College Guide as 65th in the nation among universities that are America’s best in social mobility, research, service and the value of the educational experience.
- Being ranked by Forbes magazine as 33rd among the 2012 “Top 100 Best Buy Colleges” in the nation and 143rd overall among national research universities in its America’s 2012 Top Colleges listing.
We wish you and your loved ones many wonderful celebrations in the year ahead.
– President M. Duane Nellis and Mrs. Ruthie Nellis