Get Your Game day on with these mouth-watering mini calzones! Throw out those hamburgers, because it’s time for something new. You’re sure to have no leftovers after the 4th Quarter, though! These Italian sausage pepperoni, cheese, and veggie filled delights will satisfy any Vandal fan. Is your mouth watering yet?
- Rachelle Ausman and Rachel Estep
Yields: 4 portions
Oven: 350 degrees F
Bake: 10-12 minutes
½ cup ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup mozzarella cheese
½ cup mini pepperoni
½ cup salami
¼ cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
¼ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
Optional Sauces: Pizza, Ranch, or Pesto
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, salami, mushrooms, green pepper, and onion. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into 4 rectangles. Press the remaining perforations together to seal. Spread the filling evenly onto the rectangles. Roll up the filling inside the dough starting at the short side. Slice each finished roll into four slices, and place cut side down onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Serve the calzones with sauce in small cups for dipping.