Email is an effective communication tool when used strategically and prudently. Because of the potential for overuse, bulk email are to be coordinated and sent through the Web Team
. Bulk e-mail is defined as any University of Idaho e-mail communication sent to prospective students, alumni, or donors.
Why work with a Web Coordinator?
- The most common call to action is related to the Web
- Branded elements and key messaging gives credibility to your communication
- Analytics and reports provide measurable feedback
E-mail Workflow Process
You can download a more detailed version of the process above.
- Contact your Web Coordinator to discuss timeline, purpose, audience, and calls to action.
- Two weeks before the desired send date request an email contact list from Advancement Information Services. Do NOT use an old contact list. Request the list be sent directly to your Web Coordinator.
- Request an HTML email from Creative Services or, if a template has been created previously, provide content to your Web Coordinator.
- Your Web Coordinator will send you a proof of the email - review and approve, or send feedback.
- The email will be sent within 24 hours of your approval.
- If needed, request an email report noting deliveries, opens, and link clicks.