Pre-Health Professions Advising
Pre-Health Professions Advising at the University of Idaho supports students as they explore graduate and professional programs in healthcare. We assist students with integrating the prerequisite coursework for their top choice programs with their university and academic major requirements.
We provide advice for taking the correct coursework, maintaining a competitive GPA, getting the needed clinical and shadowing experience, developing a competitive resume, preparing to take professional school entrance exams, and for completing all the steps in the application and interview process.
- Excellent academic preparation with all of the coursework needed for pre-med and all other pre-health programs
- Intensive and careful advising on courses and suggested steps for professional school preparation semester by semester
Building your Experience and Resume
- Assistance with finding clinical volunteer experiences
- Assistance with finding undergraduate research experiences
- Assistance in building a competitive resume with activities, service, and leadership experience
- Support in preparation for the MCAT, DAT, PCAT, etc.
- Support as you go through the application process: from writing your primary and secondary applications, to selecting professional schools and reference letter writers, to mock interviews etc.
Additional Resources and Support
- Timely information distributed via a listserv and via group presentations
- Pre-med, Pre-Dental, and Pre-PT/OT student clubs with speakers, presentations and social activities