Changing Your Advisor

If your advisor is changing because you are changing your major, please read the section on changing your major.

If you want or need to change your advisor for any other reason, please contact the departmental advising liaison (find them here). They will assist you with finding the proper forms and give you information about the process. If you are changing majors, the departmental liaison in your new major will assign you to a new advisor, so it is a good idea to stop by and introduce yourself. These people are often the front line person in the office and easy to find.