Students can choose to take the ISEM 101 seminar either in the fall or spring semester of their first year. Advisors should consider the following information as they assist students and plan their curricula:
- If you offer an introductory course in your major during the Fall semester, consider advising your students to take the ISEM 101 in the Spring semester.
- Approximately 27-29 sections of ISEM 101 will be available for Fall semester, with another 20 sections (approximately) available in the Spring
- Once the Fall Class Schedule is published, all ISEM 101 seminars will be listed under “ISEM.”
- Students who do not register for a Fall ISEM 101 should be advised to complete a humanities or social science course from the approved list if their schedule permits.
- If you do not enroll in an ISEM 101 during either fall or spring of your first year, you will have to seek an override from the General Education advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the seminar during your sophomore year.
- ISEM 101 seminars to not also count toward the International, Humanities or Social Science General Education requirements.
To ensure availability for students, groups of seats will be opened to students on each Vandal Friday. Please be aware that an ISEM 101 section may look full when in fact there are open seats coming available on the next Vandal Friday.