Counseling and Testing Center
Mary E. Forney Hall, Rm 306
1210 Blake Avenue
University of Idaho
Moscow, ID 83844-3140
Counseling and Testing Center Hours
8:00 am-5:00 pm (academic year)
7:30 am-4:30 pm (summer)
College Level Examination Program
Shorten your path to a college degree -- with CLEP!
- Save time. Get college credit for what you already know. Be rewarded for what you've learned through independent study, advanced high school courses, noncredit adult courses, or professional development.
- Save money. Compare the cost of a CLEP exam, just $75-$100, to hundreds -- even thousands -- of dollars in tuition.
- Make college more interesting. Move right into advanced courses.
- Graduate on time. CLEP can help you to the finish line if you're a few credits shy of graduating.
- Satisfy a proficiency requirement. Demonstrate you've already mastered the content of, for example, a basic math or language course. Great for dual-degree candidates or students just a few credits shy of graduation.
Testing is done by appointment and generally takes approximately 2 hours. To make an appointment, call 208-885-6716 or come to Mary Forney Hall, Room 306.
CLEP fee: $80
- payable by credit card (VISA, MC, American Express) (preferred)
- also payable by check or money order (made out to ETS-CLEP) at the time of testing
$20 for UI students
$30 for non-UI students
- Payable by check or money order (made out to Bursar, University of Idaho) at time appointment is scheduled
What to bring to the center:
You will need to bring two forms of identification: one must be a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport); the second can be another form of identification, such as a Social Security card or a birth certificate. A credit card photo will not be considered an acceptable form of identification. We will provide you with everything else you need.
For information on the CLEP exams recognized for credit at the University of Idaho, click here.
For a description of the various tests available click here.