- Ph.D., Geological Sciences, 2008—University of Texas at El Paso
- M.S., Natural Resources, 1997—California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Metal mobility in natural aqueous environments
- Sulfide mineral weathering and the shrinking core model
- Hydrogeology and environmental geochemistry of mine sites and mining-impacted water resources
- Isotope geochemistry and the tracing of metal solutes as a source water indicator
- Research Fellow, 2012-2014—Groundwater Geochemistry and Remediation Group, University of Waterloo
- Visiting Scholar and Teaching Fellow, 2010-2012—Science Core, American University in Cairo
- Hydrologist, 2000-2010—New Mexico Water Science Center, U.S. Geological Survey
- PhD, Geological Sciences, 2008—University of Texas at El Paso
- MS, Natural Resources, 1997—California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Langman, J.B., Blowes, D.W., Amos, R.T., Atherton, C., Wilson, D., Smith, L., Sego, D.C., Sinclair, S.A., 2017. Influence of a tundra freeze-thaw cycle on sulfide oxidation and metal leaching in a low sulfur, granitic waste rock, Applied Geochemistry 76, 9-21, doi: 10.1016/j.apgeochem.2016.11.010
- Langman, J.B., Veeramani, H., Blowes, D.W., Bailey, B., Wilson, D., Smith, L., Sego, D.C., Amos, R.T., Holland, S.P., 2016. Waste rock biogeochemistry in a permafrost environment: Examination of a cover design for a low sulfide, granitic waste rock, Geomicrobiology Journal, doi: 10.1080/01490451.2016.1238978
- Langman, J.B., Blowes, D.W., Sinclair, S.A., Krentz, A., Amos, R.T., Smith, L.J.D., Pham, H.N., Sego, D., Smith, L., 2015. Early evolution of weathering and sulfide depletion of a low-sulfur, granitic, waste rock in an Arctic climate: a laboratory and field site comparison. Journal of Geochemical Exploration 156, 61–71, doi: 10.1016/j.gexplo.2015.05.004.
- Langman, J.B., Blowes, D.W., Veeramani, H., Wilson, D., Smith, L., Sego, D., Paktunc, D., 2015. The evolution of sulfur species and nickel coordination with weathering of pyrrhotite in a low-sulfide, granitic, waste rock. Chemical Geology 401, 169–179, doi: 10.1016/j.chemgeo.2015.02.024.
- Langman, J.B., 2014. Spatial evolution of δ2H and δ18O in the hydrologic cycle of the Nile Basin. Journal of Arid Land, doi: 10.1007/s40333-014-0078-5.
- Langman, J.B., Moore, M.L., Ptacek, C.J., Smith, L., Sego, D., Blowes, D.W., 2014. Diavik Waste Rock Project: evolution of mineral weathering, element release, and acid generation and neutralization during a five-year humidity cell experiment. Minerals 4, 257–278.
- Langman, J.B., Engdahl, N.B., 2014. Evaluation of a pressure pulse in a fractured-rock aquifer to reduce uncertainty of hydraulic conductivity measurements, Rio Grande Rift, New Mexico, United States. Water and Environment Journal 28(3), 340–349.
- Langman, J.B., Ellis, A.S., 2013. Geochemical indicators of interbasin groundwater flow within the southern Rio Grande Rift, New Mexico. Environmental Earth Sciences 66(5), 1285–1303.
- Langman, J.B., 2012. Geologic framework, regional aquifer properties, and spring, creek, and seep properties of the upper San Mateo Creek Basin near Mount Taylor, New Mexico. U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations 2012–5019, 96 p.
- Diavik Waste Rock Project: acid rock drainage in an Arctic climate
How does the freeze-thaw cycle of the semi-arid Arctic and the presence of permafrost influence the generation of acid rock drainage, metal release, and the microbial catalysis of sulfide minerals during oxidation.
- Metal Nanoparticles and Sulfidic Sediments
Investigating the formation, stability, and behavior of metal nanoparticles derived from the oxidative dissolution of sulfide minerals contained in mine waste sediments.