1. You must have an approved study plan
in Degree Audit before applying for graduation.
2. Check Registration Status
to verify that your degree, major, catalog year, and thesis/non-thesis option is accurate. If they are not you must file a Change of Curriculum form
with the Office of the Registrar.
3. Check Degree Audit
and work with your Major Professor to resolve any outstanding issues. To remove or add classes to your study plan, submit a Change of Study Plan form in VandalWeb.
4. Select Apply to Graduate
under the Students tab. If you are applying for more than one degree (e.g. M.Arch. and B.S.Arch.), you must file a separate application for each degree
5. Your application will be sent electronically first to your Major Professor and then to the College of Graduate Studies for review and approval. Your application will then be routed to the Office of the Registrar for final review.
6. When your application is fully processed, your student account will be billed. Fees are non-refundable once billed
7. Select the Ceremony Reservation and Hometown
option under the Students tab to confirm your ceremony attendance and hometown information. You may revise these items as needed throughout the semester.
Other Important Information
- You will receive notifications through VandalMail at each step of the application process.
- Review your application by selecting View Graduation Application in VandalWeb.
- Graduation applications are valid only for the term applied for.
- If you wish to cancel your application, contact the College of Graduate Studies or Graduation Services. Only binding fees are refundable for a cancelled application; application fees are non-refundable once billed.
- Consider waiting to apply for graduation until you are scheduled to defend your thesis/dissertation to avoid multiple application fees.