The University of Idaho has the responsibility to notify the campus community about any crimes that pose an ongoing threat to the community as well as for inclusion in its federally mandated Annual Security Report. A “Campus Security Authority” (CSA) is any designated person, paid or unpaid, who has significant responsibility for student and campus activities.
CSAs at the University of Idaho Include
- Deans, Associate Deans and Department Chairs
- Residential Housing Staff and Resident Advisors
- Athletic Director and Coaches
- Student Activities Coordinators
- Student Judicial Officers
- AVP’s of our Higher Education Centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls
If you are unsure whether or not you are a designated CSA, please contact the Office of Public Safety & Security: Email; (208) 885-2254
Responsibilities of CSAs
As a Campus Security Authority, you are obligated by federal law to report Clery Act crimes. If you witness or learn of an incident that might involve a crime, please immediately contact the University of Idaho's Office of Public Safety & Security: (208) 885-2254. You may identify the victim, or keep the victim’s identity confidential. If you are in doubt as to whether a crime is reportable, please contact the Office of Public Safety & Security: (208) 885-2254.
Clery Act Crimes
- Criminal Homicide (murder, non-negligent and negligent manslaughter)
- Sex Offenses (forcible and non-forcible)
- Aggravated Assault
- Motor Vehicle Theft
- Domestic Violence*
- Dating Violence*
- Liquor Law Violations
- Drug Law Violations
- Weapons Violations
- Hate Crimes
* Added to the list of Clery reportable crimes through the 2013 Campus SaVE Act.
Take the Campus Security Authority (CSA) training online. If the CSA course has not been assigned to you, contact the Office of Public Safety & Security: Email; (208) 885-2254