Civics In Action
A Celebration of the 225th Anniversary of the Ratification of the Bill of Rights 1791-2016
Sept. 15, 2016 in Moscow
Sept. 16, 2016 in Boise
The University of Idaho College of Law and Idaho State Bar Diversity Section are proud to present the 2016 Constitution Day program, a two day symposium in Moscow and Boise. The Moscow program is on Thursday, September 15 and the Boise program is on Friday, September 16.
Topics will include:
- The Bill of Rights in Action in Idaho
- A Look Back: Access to the Bill of Rights Documents, History, Libraries and Technology
- Going Forward: The Changing Supreme Court and the Future of the Bill of Rights
- First Amendment and Citizens United: How to Limit Power of Money in Politics and Comply with the First Amendment — Can It Be Done?
- The Fourth Amendment’s Application to Social Media Surveillance
- The Sixth Amendment Right to Assistance of Counsel: The Status of Public Defense Reform in Idaho
- Racial Justice Under the Bill of Rights: Violence in Minority America
- Constitutional Rights in a Court of Law and the Court of Public Opinion: Real Life at the Intersection of Ethics in Law and Journalism
The press release (PDF) has more information.