- All travelers must register themselves in the International Travel system.
- If students will accompany faculty or staff abroad, then the leading faculty/staff member must complete a Faculty/Staff-Led International Trip (FSIT) Proposal, not an International Travel Registration. Once this is approved, students will be provided a link to register themselves as a part of the trip and complete UI requirements for students traveling abroad.
- If students will travel abroad without faculty or staff, a faculty/staff member cannot register the trip in the International Travel system. Each student traveler must complete an application depending on their trip specifics at: http://www.uidaho.edu/international/study-abroad/steps-to-studying-abroad/step-2-apply.
The University asks that you register your international travel as there is an effort to track where faculty and staff are traveling in case of emergencies, to coordinate efforts, and to collect valid underwriting data for insurance purposes. Thank you for taking a moment to complete this form and read the information below.
Note: If you are traveling to a U.S. Territory, please complete this form. U.S. Territories are considered international for UI Risk Management purposes. Here is a list of U.S. Territories:
- American Samoa
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Midway Islands
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Palau
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- U.S. Virgin Islands
To register your international University travel, please click the "Travel Registration" button in the right-hand column. You will be redirected to the UI Studio Abroad site where you’ll login using your UI Net ID and password
. Once logged in, you'll enter your itinerary details and find important information regarding travel insurance, U.S. Department of State Country Information and their Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, and be prompted to update your Emergency Contacts if needed.