Through its Partner Schools and Third Party Providers, the UI is affiliated with over 400 universities in 70 countries, offering study abroad, internship, volunteer, and undergraduate research opportunities for every UI field of study. However, if you cannot find a UI program that meets your specific needs or you are a graduate student planning to do research or field work abroad, you may still petition to study, intern, research or do service abroad. If you will receive credit, financial aid, or your program has been organized by a UI department in any way, you must petition and complete other UI requirements if your program is approved. Please keep in mind that if you wish to receive credit, the institution providing the credit must be accredited.
Please choose your situation below to start a petition to:
- Study, research, intern, do service or field work abroad and transfer credit for the experience from another U.S. University.
- Study, research, intern, do service or field work abroad and transfer credit for the experience directly from a foreign institution.
- Research, intern, do service or field work abroad without receiving credit, or, receive credit by setting it up through your UI academic department.
Once you've clicked on one of the links above:
- Click on "Apply Now."
- Login using your UI Net ID and password.
- Choose the term you will go abroad.
- Enter the itinerary for the program and "Apply."
- Open each material listed and complete each.