Contact Us

International Programs

Shawn Greenfield
phone: (208) 885-4599
fax: (208) 885-2859

International Programs
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1250
Moscow, ID 83844-1250

Students on Sixth Street

Housing Information

On-Campus Housing

Housing on the University of Idaho campus is arranged by University Residences. Several types of accommodations are available to suit each student's individual needs.

Activate your VandalWeb account and then reserve your room online at You may also contact the Housing Office by e-mail: by fax: (208) 885-6606 or by phone: (208) 885-6571. 

Residence hall rooms have either common bath facilities, where toilet/shower facilities are located on each floor, or have semi-private bathrooms, which are shared with one or more roommates.

Students living in residence halls are required to purchase a meal plan to eat in the University cafeteria. There are multiple meal plan options available to suit your eating and snacking habits and class schedule. Some of the residence halls have cooking facilities available and microwaves are provided in each of the individual halls.

In general, residence hall rooms have a twin-sized bed, chair, desk, shelves, drawers and a closet. You will need bed sheets, pillows, towels and other personal items. You may want to wait until you arrive in Moscow to buy these things. Students have 22 computer labs located throughout campus. Several residence halls have computer labs, available seven days a week. Additionally, each student room has Internet and telephone capabilities.

Please Note: On-campus housing will not be available for the first few days of orientation. You will need to make hotel accomodations before arriving in Moscow to have a place to stay during orientation.

University Apartments

University Residences offer different living options for graduate students, nontraditional students, married couples and families. All apartments have private bath and cooking facilities. Family housing apartments have hookups for a washer and dryer.

University of Idaho Residences Contract Obligations
If you choose to live on campus, you must meet with University Residences personnel to discuss your contractual agreement. University of Idaho Residences staff will be scheduled to meet with you during fall and spring orientations. You will be required to sign a legal contract agreeing to stay in assigned housing for one full academic year (August through May) if you arrive in August, or for one full semester if you arrive in January. University Apartment housing arrangements are made for one full calendar year (July through June). Exceptions may be made for students who check-in for spring or summer semesters or whose programs are only one semester in duration.

Room and board must be paid in full when you move in or you will be charged a fee for an installment plan until your balance is paid. If students move off campus before the contract ending date, University Residences will assess a penalty charge for the time remaining on the contract.

Off-Campus Housing

We recognize that some students, particularly those who accustomed to living independently, may find that residence hall living does not suit their needs. As an alternative, students may choose to live off-campus. If you decide to live off-campus, it is your responsibility to find accommodations.