Financial Arrangements

Arrange to have enough money to cover the cost of tuition and fees, health insurance, housing expenses, books and personal expenses. If you plan to live on campus, you will pay a deposit before arriving and will need to pay for the entire semester for housing and dining costs after your arrival. If you live off-campus, we recommend that you bring first and last month’s rent, plus damage deposit (approximately $1,500).

We also recommend that you bring money in traveler’s checks or credit card rather than cash. Foreign bank drafts can be used to open a bank account; however, you cannot draw on this account for 30 days. If you are planning on transferring money from your home country to the U.S., it may take a few days to transfer, so plan accordingly.

Sponsored Students/Scholarships
If you have a scholarship or are sponsored by a third party, you must bring a letter from your funding source addressed to the University of Idaho Bursar, which authorizes billing for tuition, fees, housing and insurance, if applicable.