The Friendship Family Program (FFP) gives international students the opportunity to become acquainted with local families in Moscow. Sponsored by the International Programs Office, the Friendship Family Program pairs students with families who welcome them to the U.S. and help them adjust to life in Idaho. Students and families get to know one another through occasional visits to families' homes, going on outings, attending campus events, and/or spending special occasions together. The Friendship Family experience provides students with a unique "window into American culture," as well as giving families an opportunity to benefit from the University of Idaho’s diverse international community.
What is the Friendship Family Program?
- Friendship Families is a program that matches international students with local families.
- The purpose of Friendship Families is to give students and families the opportunity to build relationships and share cultures.
- Students and families arrange to spend time together on their own as often as mutually desired (at least once a month).
- Friendship Families may include students in informal dinners, holiday celebrations, occasional family outings, or any other event that adds to the richness of his/her experience in the U.S.
- University of Idaho students can invite their Friendship Families to on-campus events and programs open to the public.
- The initial commitment is for one semester, but many students and families choose to remain in contact and maintain their relationships throughout the students' time at the university, and even beyond.
- Friendship Families include university faculty members, administrators, and staff members, as well as residents from Moscow and nearby towns.
- Friendship Families may be individuals, couples, partners, or families with children of various ages.
Click on the applicable form below to submit your request.
Once this is submitted you will receive a Liability Waiver and some general information. After the Liability Waiver has been signed and returned, an email of introduction will be sent and you will meet your family/student.