Message from the Executive Director
Welcome to the International Programs Office (IPO) at the University of Idaho, where opportunities to engage internationally surround you. In order to succeed in a complex, interconnected world, students, faculty, and staff must develop a range of intercultural skills.
Below are just a few ways IPO helps you engage with the world:
- Live, study, and interact with 920 international students from 78 nations from throughout the world. Talk about a powerful social network!
- Study abroad in Spain, Italy, Ghana, China, Brazil, Nepal, Australia, or one of the other 70 countries where UI has established programs with 400 universities.
- Receive funding to study or work abroad through our “International Experience Fund.”
- Enhance your marketability with an international internship in one of 32 countries.
- Study and conduct research with internationally recognized faculty from the U.S. and abroad.
- Participate in cultural events, programs, and activities that occur regularly.
- Teach abroad through an established program or design your own international course.
- Enhance your English skills in the intensive American Language and Culture Program.
- Connect to the local community through programs such as Friendship Families, Conversation Partners, and other international outreach activities.
The IPO staff is passionate about transforming lives and supporting a globally engaged university community. To learn more about your international opportunities, review www.uidaho.edu/international or visit the International Programs Office, located in Living Learning Community Building, #3.
Susan Bender, Ph.D.
Executive Director, International Engagement and Programs