Dial 9 when calling or faxing a local number from a machine that is on the old system: ex. 9-XXX-XXXX
- Dial 8 for an outside line.
- Free calls across the U.S. and Canada.
- International dialing available.
5-Digit Dialing Prefixes:
- 5 - Moscow
- 2 - CDA
- 4 - Boise
- 7 - Idaho Falls
- On campus: 5-XXXX
- Off campus: 8+XXX-XXXX
Long Distance Dialing
Direct dialing 8+area code+number
- You will no longer need to dial a 1 when calling long distance. Ex. 8+509-123-1234
- If you experience problems dialing any number from your phone please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Five-digit extension used when trying to dial.
- Number you are trying to reach.
- Contact, if different from the person contacting us.
Please contact the ITS Help Desk (email@example.com) to enable international dialing on your number. Please provide us with your five digit extension and request an international dialing authorization code. You will receive a email reply with the with confirmation and an access code for international dialing. If you have lost your Authorization Code please contact the Help Desk for assistance.
How to use International Dialing:
- Dial 8 to start an off campus call.
- Dial 011 to initiate the International Call.
- Dial the Country Code for Example Brazil country code is 55.
- Dial the City Code for example Rio De Janeiro is 21.
- Dial the remaining number you with to connect to and dial # to connect the call. For example: 8-011-55-21-xxxxxxxx-#
- Enter your Authorization Code, and press #
- The call will be connected.
There is no charge for work related international calls. Call detail information is recorded and reviewed periodically. Please do not share your Authorization Code.