Grad. Admissions

Graduate Admissions Office

Physical Address

820 Idaho Avenue
Morrill Hall, Room 205

Mailing Address
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019
Phone: 208-885-4001
Fax: 208-885-4406
Email: graduateadmissions@uidaho.edu
» Express Mail Address
» Graduate Admissions Staff


In order to apply as a graduate student, applicants must possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor degree.

Graduate Admissions at the University of Idaho uses a variety of sources to determine equivalencies. It is important to note that the list of equivalencies below is not complete, but rather represents the most common credentials we receive from each country.
 Equivalent Degree(s)
Candidat(ure)/Kandidaat(uur) PLUS  Licence/Licentiaat/Licentiate
Candidat(ure)/Kandidaat(uur) PLUS Ingénieur/Ingenieur/Engineer

Note: equivalents are subject to change without notice.

  What to Submit How to Submit
 1. Clear, legible copies of all graduation certificates or diplomas, issued in English, attested by the awarding institution

e.g. Bachelor, Master, Graduat/Gegradueerde, Licencié/Licentiaat, Ph.D.


For completed programs, the Diploma Supplement containing a complete record of all courses taken and individual grades obtained for all post-secondary study


For partially completed programs, academic transcripts indicating all courses taken and individual grades obtained for all post-secondary study
To be submitted directly from the Registrar of the institution attended.

Note: Credentials are acceptable only when they are issued by, and received from, authorized educational institutions. Some institutions will not send official documents. If this is the case, a professional credential evaluation will be required.

Precise, word-for-word, English translations are required for all foreign language documents.

Please click here to download a Transcript Request and Release Authorization Form.

Note: The University of Idaho recommends, and reserves the right to require, a professional credential evaluation by an outside, independent party.