The landscapes of Idaho are ones born of volcanic eruptions, molded by glaciers and floods, and refined by frequent wildfires. Learn more about the ecology of fire and how what we see as a disaster is essential for the maintenance of healthy forest and rangeland ecosystems.
- After the Burn: Assessing and Managing Your Forestland After a Wildfire (Article)
- After the Fires: Hydrophobic Soils
- Fire in the Ecosystems of the Inland West
- Idaho Department of Lands State Forester Forums - Fire Management
- Prescribed Burning: A Natural Way to Manage Ecosystems
- Silvicultural Decisions XI: Can Fire Hazard Reduction Treatments Help Achieve Other Silvicultural Objectives?
- The Idaho Firewise Program
- Wildfire and Wildlife: Living in Fire-based Ecosystems