Request More Information
We have one Earth. Help us make the most of it.
The director of the National Science Foundation has stated, "For the twenty-first century, our goal must be to understand, and learn to keep in balance, the bio-complexity of all of Earth's ecosystems.”
This will be your goal as a student in the program. You will explore complex environmental problems and learn how to solve them through integrated and coherent approaches. Explore global environmental challenges as they relate to waste management, environmental pollution, policy and law, water science, ecosystems, land use, energy systems, and more.
Whether you choose the thesis or non-thesis option, you will lead independent research in a topic that interests you and supports your career goals.
This program may be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a related field
- Are strong in the sciences
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Are passionate about helping the environment
- Have solid communication and leadership skills
- Can think creatively about complex problems
With this degree, you can become a/an:
- Environmental scientist
- Environmental planning specialist
- Environmental Protection Agency employee
- Corporate environmental safety or compliance manager
- Field scientist
- Lab technician
- Wildlife ecologist
- Water quality manager
- Green marketing representative
- Manager of a non-profit or governmental agency
- Outreach director
- Land-use planner
- Social scientist
Professional Science Master's in Natural Resources & Environmental Science, M./J.D.