Fall & Spring Terms: Only new students for the fall semester will receive a paper bill. All returning students will receive an email billing notification sent to their VandalWeb account only. Parents or others needing copies of the billing statement will need to get this information from the student. All tuition, fees, room and board, and prior term balances are due in full by the first day of the term. A $75.00 late fee begins on the 2nd day of the term if your account is not paid in full or you have not signed up for a payment plan. Later registrations are also subject to a $75 late fee. See the Late Fee Schedule for additional possible late fees.
Summer Term: Only new students for summer sessions will receive a paper bill. All returning students will receive an email billing notification sent to their VandalWeb account only. All payments are due prior to, or on, the first day of class for which a student is enrolled. An example: A student is registered for one class in the first session and one class in the last session, payment for both classes is due prior to or on the first day of the first class. Late fees begin on the second day of scheduled classes for any session. Please refer to the Summer Session website for dates and deadlines.
** Failure to receive a bill does not relieve students from payment responsibilities.**
** Student registration is not canceled for non-payment.**
Options for Payment
You can pay your tuition and fees in full by cash, check, debit card, credit card, or electronic bank transfer (E-Check).
Cash is accepted only in person.
Checks are accepted in person at the Student Accounts/Cashier's window or via mail.
Debit Card payment, with a PIN #, is accepted only in person at the Student Account/Cashier's window .
Credit card and Debit card payment is accepted via VandalWeb (2.5% Service Fee).
Electronic bank transfers (E-Checks) are accepted only via VandalWeb (no service fee).
If you mail your payment, it must arrive by the first day of the semester to avoid a late fee.
Mailing Address for Payments
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4250
Moscow, ID 83844-4250
Physical Address to drop off payments
Bruce Pitman Center (formerly Student Union Building)
709 Deakin Street
Make Checks Payable To:
Bursar, U of I
Students are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships. To receive consideration for need-based aid, fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Student Payment Plan
The University of Idaho offers payment plans to students unable to pay in full by the beginning of the semester or who do not have enough financial aid to cover the full balance for the semester. The payment plan requires an enrollment fee of $55 for each semester. Fall semester payment plans can be set up for 6 monthly payments beginning in July or 5 monthly payments beginning in August. Spring monthly payment plans can be set up for 5 monthly payments beginning in January.
To sign up for a payment plan, log in to VandalWeb, select Students, select Student Accounts Center, then select Payment Plans.
Important Payment Plan Details
- You must have the payment plan set up by the first day of classes to avoid late fees from the University of Idaho.
- You must have at least $150 in charges to set up a payment plan.
- A late fee of $60 is charged for payments not received by each payment plan installment due date.
- Transcripts will be held until the balance on your student account is paid in full. Transcripts may be released for students with payment plans, providing their balance is current.
- If you receive financial aid after you have set up a payment plan, the financial aid is applied to your student account balance first, and the plan installment amounts are decreased or cancelled.
- Missing two consecutive installments on a payment plan will result in the plan being cancelled and regular University of Idaho late payment fees will be incurred.