Semester in the Wild is an experience that will give you distinct academic, professional and personal benefits. The semester that you will spend living in the wilderness at Taylor and at the MOSS field campus will enrich your understanding of natural resource issues. The costs of offering these exceptional experiences are reflected in tuition and fees—your tuition supports curriculum development, field trips and daily course expenses.
What you will learn through "experiential learning" will stay with you. In keeping with the principles of experiential learning, we will weave educational outcomes into nearly every facet of our time together in the wild.
- In-state Undergraduate Tuition/Fees: $3,262 (National Student Exchange Students pay in-state tuition)
- Out-of-state tuition/fees: $9,800
- Room, board and transportation: $4,950
- Field trip fees: $450
*All rates are subject to change
You must supply personal gear (cost varies). All students must also provide their own medical insurance while on course with Semester In The Wild.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school if there is more we can do to help you understand the cost and value of our courses.
Why is this course worth more than regular classes?
- It’s a once in an undergraduate opportunity to live and learn in the heart of the Frank Church—River of No Return Wilderness.
- Semester In The Wild weaves educational outcomes into nearly every facet of our time together in the wild. By taking the classroom into the wilderness, Semester In The Wild students will have a richer and more nuanced understanding of water resources, river ecology, and the social aspects of wilderness management. They will also have practical experience in communicating ideas about wilderness and science to general audiences.
- Through our leadership curriculum and this immersive living experience, students will gain the skills and awareness they will need to be effective professionals.
- After the Semester In The Wild experiences, students will return to their programs energized and engaged. They will become the leaders and initiators in their classes and fields of study.
What costs does my tuition support?
- Transportation from McCall Outdoor Science School (MOSS) Field Campus to Taylor Wilderness Research Station and return
- Lodging while at MOSS Field Campus
- Lodging while at Taylor Wilderness Research Station
- Meals at MOSS Field Campus and Taylor