UI Pitkin Forest Nursery
1025 Plant Science Rd
Moscow, Idaho 83843
Hours: M–F 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Fax: 208.885.6564 (specify nursery)
Nursery Advisory Committee
The Franklin H. Pitkin Forest Nursery, a component of the Center for Forest Nursery and Seedling Research within the College of Natural Resources at the University of Idaho, represents an area of emphasis in which the College expects to excel. The College is unique among natural resource schools in having an operational nursery for student training, faculty and student research, and public service. The Pitkin Forest Nursery has received a regional and national reputation for the quality of seedlings produced, graduates and students trained through the program, and research outputs. The Pitkin Forest Nursery is a living laboratory for continuous exploration and product refinement in keeping with the University of Idaho’s mission: teaching, research, and outreach.
Establishment of an Advisory Committee was proposed in the Forest Nursery Role and Mission Statement to ensure adequate stakeholder representation, and provide a forum for communication to facilitate the open and honest exchange of ideas to solve and prevent misunderstandings and problems. The Advisory Committee provides external advice and serves to guide the program to greater excellence, relevance, and service while also providing mutual industry support.
Meetings & Chairperson:
Chairperson: Cristina Tuttle
Clifty View Nursery
The committee usually meets annually during the third week of November.
Committee responsibilities are to:
- Assist the Nursery in identifying needs and developing programs that attain excellence and maintain relevance.
- Inform the Nursery of emerging resource problems, needs, and situations that can be addressed within the framework of the College’s mission.
- Understand the Nursery activities, problems, and operations and advise the College on their implementation and resolution.
- Promote communication, understanding, and support for Nursery programs among stakeholder groups.
- Advocate, identify, and support funding, internships, and jobs to support Nursery teaching and research.
- Maintain open communication among stakeholder groups.
For a full listing of committee members, please download our Policy Statement.