The Spanish Bachelor of Arts degree involves in-depth study of the language and cultures of Spain and the Spanish-speaking Americas. 120 credits are required for the major.
- University requirements (regulation J-3) and general requirements for the bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 36 upper-division credits, including:
- SPAN 301, 302, 305, and 306 (12 credits)
- At least 9 SPAN credits at the 400-level (9 credits)
- At least 9 credits must be completed on campus
- A maximum of 9 FLEN credits out of the 36 may be applied towards the major, the rest must be in Spanish
- A second foreign language (elementary and intermediate or equivalent) (16 credits)
- This requirement is waived for students with a double major (Spanish plus another major)
- An eight-week (minimum) international experience, fulfilled by completing an MLC approved study abroad program or international internship or faculty-led experience or a combination of all.
- MLC capstone course based on international experience (1 credit)
- Take Avant’s STAMP (STAndards-based Measurement of Proficiency) exit exam before applying for graduation