Improving Human Nutrition
The human body is a complex machine. In this program, you will investigate the nutritional needs of the body and examine the role of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the body’s biochemical process. Students who complete this program are eligible for the Registered Dietitian (R.D.) exam to practice as a licensed dietician.
- Study abroad in India, Taiwan, or Mexico
- Complete a senior-year practicum in Spokane, WA
- Work with community organizations
- Work for hospital health care team
- Assist with faculty grant-funded research
Supervised clinical practice hours are arranged with numerous health care facilities in the Coeur d'Alene and Boise Areas.
- Food and Nutrition Club
- Family and Consumer Sciences Club
- Phi Upsilon Omicron