Registration and Fees
Each course offered through the ISI program is sponsored by one of the following institutions (University of Idaho, Lewis-Clark State College or Idaho State University). Students can register for ISI courses without applying for admission to any of the cooperating schools. Admission to any of these institutions is not granted upon registering for an ISI course. Students registering for ISI courses pay a per-credit fee, and out-of-state residents pay the same fees as residents. Fees include registration and online course access but do not include textbooks or software. Review ISI's Refund Schedule before registering for a course.
- You may register for ISI courses anytime. Select a course from Courses.
- University of Idaho students working toward a degree are required to obtain written approval from their adviser and academic dean to register for an ISI course to ensure that ISI course credits are applicable toward their degree. Students can provide this verification by submitting a Course Approval Form. It is recommended that students at other institutions obtain signature confirmation that ISI credits will be accepted.
- See Course Fees for registration fees.
- Review the Refund Schedule.
- Select a registration and payment option. It can take up to three business days to complete your registration and receive a registration confirmation email.
- Order textbooks and other course materials online from the VandalStore.
- Online: Access the secure Registration Form and pay by credit card.
- Phone: Students registering by telephone must have their credit card information available at the time of registration.
- Mail: Print the Registration Form and mail the completed form with payment.
- Walk-in: Walk-in students may pay by cash. For your security, please do not send cash by mail.
Payment in full is required at the time of registration and is accepted by check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or debit card. Most tuition vouchers from U.S. military and corporate institutions are accepted. Funding through Advanced Opportunities is available for students in grades 7-12 attending public school in Idaho. Visit the Advanced Opportunities website for more information: http://www.sde.idaho.gov/student-engagement/advanced-ops/index.html.
Upon registration, you will receive a Registration Confirmation Email. The Registration Confirmation Email contains directions on how to get started in your ISI course. Your V number is included in this email, which is essential for setting up your accounts. You may begin your course immediately after the registration form has been processed by the ISI staff and you have been added to the course in BbLearn. You can take up to one year to complete a course, depending upon class specification.
All ISI students are assigned a V number, which is used for identification purposes by the University of Idaho. The number begins with a capital V and is followed by eight digits. Your V number will be included in the receipt attached to your Registration Confirmation Email. Please include this number in all correspondence with the ISI office, including assignments and exams.
Student information is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Independent Study in Idaho instructors and staff may release a student’s education and/or financial records by telephone or email to select individuals or organizations if that student files a Release of Information Form with the ISI office. Mail or fax this form to ISI.
This form can be downloaded from Forms. For more information about FERPA, access www.webpages.uidaho.edu/fsh, the Faculty-Staff Handbook, Chapter 2: Student Affairs Policies, Student Education Records, Section 2600.
FERPA may be more permissive or restrictive than the privacy and public information laws of some states. Therefore, the Idaho Public Records Law must be taken into account when the ISI considers issues related to student records.