International Programs Office
Message from the Executive Director
Welcome to the International Programs Office (IPO) at the University of Idaho, where opportunities to engage internationally surround you. In order to succeed in a complex, interconnected world, students, faculty, and staff must develop a range of intercultural skills.
Below are just a few ways IPO helps you engage with the world:
- Live, study and interact with 920 international students from 78 nations from throughout the world. Talk about a powerful social network!
- Study abroad in Spain, Italy, Ghana, China, Brazil, Nepal, Australia or one of the other 70 countries where UI has established programs with 400 universities.
- Receive funding to study or work abroad through our International Experience Fund.
- Enhance your marketability with an international internship in one of 32 countries.
- Study and conduct research with internationally recognized faculty from the U.S. and abroad.
- Participate in cultural events, programs, and activities that occur regularly.
- Teach abroad through an established program or design your own international course.
- Enhance your English skills in the intensive American Language and Culture Program.
- Connect to the local community through programs such as Friendship Families, Conversation Partners and other international outreach activities.
The IPO staff is passionate about transforming lives and supporting a globally engaged university community. To learn more about your international opportunities, review www.uidaho.edu/international or visit the International Programs Office, located in Living Learning Community Building, #3.
Susan Bender, Ph.D.
Executive Director, International Engagement and Programs