What educational competencies and skills do you, as a Vandal, need the day after your graduation?
We know that the skills in civic, ethical, and collaborative engagement with diverse groups are critical for a well-educated citizen. In a recent survey of employers, they revealed that colleges need to increase their focus on:
- Written and oral communication
- Critical thinking and analytical reasoning
- The application of knowledge and skills in real-world settings
- Complex problem-solving and analysis
- Ethical decision-making
- Teamwork skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Concepts and developments in science and technology
The University of Idaho's General Education Curriculum is a broad-based, interdisciplinary, multi-year, integrated liberal arts educational experience. These learning outcomes, aligned with the Idaho State Board of Education policies for General Education, seek to address the question of what it is that entails a person to be a twenty-first century educated person, who meet the needs of employers, in a democratic society under the challenges of a rapidly changing and diverse world.