Move-In Day event: Thursday, August 16
Tower check-in tables are located between the Tower unloading lot and the Tower.
- Floors 1, 2 and 11 check-in as early as 8:30 a.m.
- Floors 3, 5 and 10 check-in as early as 10 a.m.
- Floors 4, 6 and 9 check-in as early as 11:30 a.m.
- Floors 7 and 8 check-in as early as 12:30 p.m.
For Ballard, Willey, Gooding, McConnell and the LLCs, check-in is 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Ballard, Willey & McConnell students check-in beside the volleyball courts
- Gooding students check-in on Stadium Drive across from Wallace
- Check-in for LLC students is in the LLC Trout Room
Tower students should not arrive prior to their designated check-in time. Parking staff will be directing new Vandals to unloading zones. A large team of volunteers wearing bright yellow shirts will assist students moving to their new room.
- NOTE: Students may also check in between 3:30-5 p.m. and 7-10 p.m. at the LLC information desk.
Check-in for returning students and later arrivals
- Friday, Aug. 17 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and 7-10 p.m. in LLC classroom
- Saturday, Aug. 18 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and 7-10 p.m. in LLC classroom
- Sunday, Aug. 19 from 12-5 p.m. and 7-10 p.m. at LLC 24 hour desk
- For students arriving later than the first day of classes, please let the housing office know so we can update our records.
Please sign up to volunteer to help move-in our new Vandal residents.
- Twin (XL) sheets, pillows and blankets
- towels and bath cloths
- Shower caddy & shower shoes
- HE laundry detergent and laundry basket
- Cleaning supplies
- Clothes hangers
- Bicycle, helmet and bike lock
- Desk lamp
- Extension cord/power strip
- Ear plugs
- Dishes and silverware
- First aid kit with a thermometer
- Prescription or ongoing medications
- Water bottles, water pitcher with filter
- School supplies and backpack
- 3M command strips to hang pictures
- Social Security card, insurance card (or card photo) and passport
For additional ideas, check out our What to Bring Pinterest Board
- Candles or incense
- Microwave or Refrigerator (We provide this in every room)
- Any open coil or open flame appliances: toaster ovens, hotplates or George Foreman grills
In order to check-in to the residence halls, students must have their VandalCards (official student identification). Meal plans also require the VandalCard.
During check-in August 16, students can get their new VandalCards in the LLC Trout Room. There will be ample signage pointing families in the right direction.
If students would like to get their cards prior to August 16, the VandalCard Office is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is located in the Bruce M. Pitman Center.
Have a VandalCard question? Check out their FAQ page.
Housing residents planning to bring a car to campus will need to purchase a silver or purple economy permit. Residence Hall parking demand exceeds permit supply. Parking and Transportation encourages ordering early, choosing purple economy, or not bringing a car to campus.
During Check-in August 16
Parking and Transportation will conveniently be set up on the tower lawn during check-in. For students who purchased their permits online and selected “Office Pickup” will be directed to the Parking and Transportation office.
Other Transportation Options
Many students prefer to bike around campus, so biking is a common form of student transportation. There are designated outdoor and indoor bike storage areas in the Residence Halls. View more information on campus biking, including bike rack locations, on the Biking to Campus pages.
Vandals also have access to alternative transportation options including Zipcars, Zimride, Moscow VanPool, Vandal Access Shuttle and SMART Transit.
For all parking and transportation related questions, visit the their website or call 208-885-6424.