The Ubuntu Committee meets monthly to work on projects within its charge and mission.
- UI Parking Policies for disabled faculty, staff and students
- UI employment policies on guidance and remedies in hostile work environment situations
- Advocating for benefits for same-sex couples
- Establishing the MLK Art and Essay Contest
- Reviewing disability accommodation policies
- Supporting the need for more campus lactation rooms and gender inclusive restrooms
We Welcome Feedback
If you have an issue of concern the Ubuntu Committee should address, email committee chair Jan Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issues raised will first be discussed with the chair and, if appropriate, the committee as a whole. Please feel encouraged and welcomed to raise any and all matters to the chair that fall within the function of the Ubuntu Committee.