HSK Level V
HSK (Level V) assesses test takers' abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of the Level V of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the C1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEF).Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level V) can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, enjoy Chinese films and plays and give a full-length speech in Chinese.
I. Test Target
The HSK (Level V) is intended for students who have studied Chinese two to four class hours per week for more than two academic years. These students have mastered 2,500 commonly used words and related grammar patterns.
II. Test Content
The HSK (Level V) test is made up of listening comprehension, reading comprehension and writing sections and contains a total of 100 items.
|Section||Number of Items||Duration (Min)|
|I. Listening||Part I||20||About 30|
| Filling out the answer sheet
(Mark your answers for listening comprehension on the answer sheet)
|II. Reading||Part I||15||45|
|III. Writing||Part I||8||40|
The test will last for 125 minutes in total (including 5 minutes in which the test takers fill in personal information).
- Listening Comprehension
- There are 20 items in Part I. The recording of each item will be played only once. Each item consists of a dialogue between two people, with a third person then asking a question about the dialogue. There will be four possible answers provided on the test paper. Test takers must choose the best answer based on what they hear.
- There are 25 items in Part II. The recording of each item will be played only once. This section consists of a four to five sentence dialogue or monologue followed by one or more questions. Four possible answers will be provided on the test paper. The test taker must choose the best answer out of the four.
- Reading Comprehension
- There are 15 items in Part I. This section contains various passages, each with several blanks, which should be filled with a word or sentence. The test taker needs to choose the best answer out of four possible answers.
- There are ten items in Part II. Each item consists of a passage and four possible answers. The test taker needs to choose which of the four answers is most consistent with the passage.
- There are 20 items in Part III. This section consists of several passages followed by some questions. The test taker should choose the best answer out of the 4 answers provided.
- There are eight items in Part I. Each item consists of several words from which the test taker should construct a sentence.
- There are two items in Part II. The first item consists of several words and requires the test taker to write an article about 80 characters long using the words provided. The second item consists of a picture and requires the test taker to write an article about 80 characters long based on the picture.
III. Results Certificate
For the HSK (Level V), four results will be provided including listening, reading, writing and the total.
|Max Score||Your Score|
As a Chinese language certificate for foreign students' entry into Chinese colleges, the results of the HSK are valid for two years (beginning from the test date).