Somantika Datta, Ph.D.
College of Science
With UI Since 2010
Department of Mathematics
Ph.D., 2007, Mathematics, University of Maryland, College Park
Applied harmonic analysis: frame theory, sampling theory, compressed sensing, approximation theory
- Assistant Professor, Mathematics, University of Idaho, 2010 — present
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics, Princeton University, 2009-2010
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Arizona State University, 2007-2009
- E. Au-Yeung and S. Datta, Tight frames, partial isometries, and signal reconstruction, Applicable Analysis, April 2015.
- S. Datta, S. Howard, and D. Cochran, Sampling of homogeneous polynomials and approximating multivariate functions, Advances in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol.3, Issue 4, pp. 421 - 441, 2013.
- S. Datta, K. Ni, P. Mahanti, and S. Roudenko, Stability of efficient deterministic compressed sensing for images with chirps and Reed-Muller sequences, Applied Mathematics (Special Issue in Numerical Analysis), Vol.4, No. 1A, pp. 183 - 196, 2013.
- S. Datta, Construction of zero autocorrelation stochastic waveforms, Advances in Pure Mathematics, Vol. 2, No. 6., pp. 428 - 440, 2012.
- S. Datta, S. Howard, and D. Cochran, Geometry of the Welch bounds, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Vol. 437, Issue 10, pp. 2455 - 2470, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.laa.2012.05.036.
- K. Ni, S. Datta, P. Mahanti, S. Roudenko, D. Cochran, Efficient deterministic compressed sensing for images with chirps and Reed-Muller codes, SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 931-953, 2011.
- J. J. Benedetto and S. Datta, Discrete autocorrelation-based multiplicative MRAs and sampling on R, Sampl. Theory Signal Image Process, Vol. 10, pp. 111 - 133, 2011.
- J. J. Benedetto and S. Datta, Construction of infinite unimodular sequences with zero autocorrelation, Advances. in Comp. Math, Vol. 32, Issue 2, pp. 191-207, 2010.
- J. J. Benedetto and S. Datta, Constructions and a generalization of perfect autocorrelation sequences on Z, Springer Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2012.
- Research grant: Stochastic frames in signal processing, NSF CIF, 07/01/2014 – 06/30/2017 (Principal Investigator)
- Research grant: Construction of unimodular sequences for waveform agile sensing, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, 08/16/2010 - 08/15/2013 (Principal Investigator)
- Project NExT (New Experiences in Teaching) Fellowship, 2010 - 2011, American Mathematical Society and Mathematical Association of America.