Policies and Procedures
IACUC Protocol Submission Checklist
Phase 1 – Does my Project Need IACUC Approval?
Have a question about the form? Contact us.
- IACUC Coordinator — firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-7258.
- Campus Veterinarian — email@example.com or 208-885-8958.
- See a schedule of meetings and submission deadlines.
- A PI may submit a wildlife protocol without capture and use permits but final approval will be held until all required permits are secured.
- Who can serve as a PI? Review the APM policy for PI eligibility requirements.
The IACUC, PI or Campus Vet may assign additional mandatory trainings. The AALAS Learning Library offers several species- and procedure-specific online trainings. These are free and available to all personnel.
Final approval is granted once the following have been completed:
Not all amendments require full committee review. Some may be approved administratively or through DMR.
Amendments may include, but are not limited to, changes in procedures/methods, personnel, animal numbers, housing or procedure location, drugs administered, and/or species used.
Noncompliance will be reported to applicable oversight agencies, in accordance with PHS Policy, the Animal Welfare Act and funding sponsor agreements.
All animal facilities must post procedures for reporting animal welfare concerns. Any report or complaint will be investigated thoroughly by the IACUC until all issues are appropriately resolved. See the IACUC whistleblower policy for more information.
Controlled Substances Use Policy — Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.