Vehicle Use and Coverage
Administrative Procedures Manual - Policy 05.08
Car Rental for University Business
- Sign the rental agreement followed by the initials “UI”, indicating the vehicle is being used for university business.
- The driver is responsible for ensuring he/she has met the requirements of the university’s driver policies and any specific requirements of the rental agency.
- Carry a State of Idaho accident claim kit. Request claim kits via e-mail, email@example.com; or call (208) 885-7177.
- Some rental agencies offer contract specials or cost savings. Go to the Travel Services web page for details.
Renting cars inside the U.S.
Renting cars outside the U.S. - including Canada and Mexico
- You don’t need to purchase insurance from the rental car company.
- In case of rental vehicle damage, the department would pay the $500 deductible and charges for windshield damage.
- Purchase rental car coverage from the rental agencies in foreign countries.