Submit to The Register & My UI
University Communications and Marketing produces daily and weekly newsletters for University of Idaho employees and students.
The Daily Register is a daily email newsletter for UI faculty and staff. My UI is a weekly newsletter for all university students. All UI community members may submit items to either or both publications by filling out the form below.
The Daily Register is designed to share policy issues, news and events with the faculty and staff. As the primary communication medium for official information, it is delivered to employees through email daily at 6 a.m. during the academic year, and weekly during academic breaks. This publication only prints items of university interest. Events must be sponsored by official university units or organizations. All material is subject to editing according to space, style and policy requirements.
The deadline for submission is 3 p.m. for the next day’s Register. Items may be run multiple times at the discretion of the University Communications staff.
Content categories are:
- Faculty and staff announcements: Can include information about conferences, events, policy changes, job searches, etc.
- Kudos and acknowledgments: Awards and achievements, retirement celebrations, publications and other honors.
- In memoriam: Obituaries of any university alumni, student, employee, retiree, donor or stakeholder.
- Internal job opportunities: Postings must be listed with Human Resources for listing in this space. Jobs run for two weeks or until the closing date, whichever comes first.
My UI is the official student newsletter of the University of Idaho. It is created and distributed by University Communications & Marketing to help students better manage the volume of email they receive. All units wishing to send email to students are highly encouraged to submit those items to My UI instead of sending direct email.
It is distributed through email to all students at 6 a.m. each Monday during the academic year.
Deadline for submitting items for this newsletter is noon the Wednesday prior to publication. My UI only publishes items of university interest, and all content is subject to editing.
Content categories are:
- The To-Do List: Activities coming up in the seven days after publication (Monday to Monday). Can include on- and off-campus events. Community events must have some involvement from the university.
- Top 10 Events: These items are selected from the official university calendar. Submit a calendar item »
- Announcements for Students: Official university communications aimed at students. Can include available services, deadlines, reminders, student organization news and other notices.
- Living Community Announcements: A place for UI’s living groups to share their news, events, deadlines and other information, organized by living group.
- Academic Dates & Deadlines: This information is taken from UI’s official academic calendar, provided by the Office of the Registrar.
- Recognition & Kudos: Honors student achievement, scholarship recipients and other outstanding activities.
- Help Wanted: A selection of recent off-campus job postings is chosen from UI’s listserv. To have an on-campus job considered for this space, email email@example.com.
For questions about submissions or help using this web form, contact UCM or call 208-885-9156.
Submit a News Release
Find guidelines for creating news releases, formatting tips and templates.