Faculty Senate Meeting No. 3 Talking Points Available
September 06, 2019
The Talking Points for Faculty Senate Meeting No. 3 from Tuesday, Sept. 3, are now available and have been sent to Faculty Senate members for distribution to their collages, departments and other units. Faculty Senate talking points can also be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talking Points: Meeting No .3, Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019, 3:30 p.m.
- President Green and Provost Wiencek are assembling Working Groups. One of the them is the Sustainable Financial Model Working Group, whose membership will be made known shortly.
- Provost Wiencek (PI), Jerry McMurtry and Yolanda Bisbee wrote a grant which has been funded by the NSF in the amount of 1M for two years (renewable). The funds will be utilized to attract and support Native American students who wish to pursue a Ph.D. in a STEM discipline.
- The new Faculty Senate website is now functioning.
- The Student Evaluation System is in the process of being restructured. Contact Professor Dale Pietrzak (email@example.com) for detailed information. Professor Pietrzak is Director of Institutional Effectiveness & Accreditation and the NWCCU Accreditation Liaison Officer.
- Sept. 13, 5 p.m. PDT: Award for Excellence Nominations are due.
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho, home of the Vandals, is Idaho’s land-grant, national research university. From its residential campus in Moscow, U of I serves the state of Idaho through educational centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls, nine research and Extension centers, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. Home to nearly 12,000 students statewide, U of I is a leader in student-centered learning and excels at interdisciplinary research, service to businesses and communities, and in advancing diversity, citizenship and global outreach. U of I competes in the Big Sky Conference. Learn more at uidaho.edu